Friday, 18 January 2013

Get to know Dr. Racket

The first class for computer science to me, I think, was not very understandable.I didn't get all the information the prof has told us. I didn't know what is algorithms, CDF program, and Dr.Racket. I did not figure out why we need to fold the paper and what is the relation of it with computers. After I checked my email and read the course outline carefully, I got to know them gradually, and I realized that the first thing I need to do was to change my CDF password. I went one of the workstation with engineering student's help and I began to change it. Changing password should be a  5-minute easy stuff, but the computer I used reacted so slowly and it kept saying "Errors". I tried to find a CDF staff to help me but there was no persons. I continued to work it, again and again, and it really drove me crazy. At last, I spent one-hour in the workstation and finally I changed it.
The second class, I gradually learned more about computers and steps after I read the introduction and saw how to make a sandwich in class. I learned that explaining steps in detail was not a easy thing, especially when you set these steps for a computer to let it complete those steps correctly. After that, I found there was an assignment this week. I've already changed my password so I just need to download CDF Remote Server and Dr.Racket. It was easy to download them. Then, the only thing I left behind was the SLOG. I then followed the instruction to create a slog and sent my link to MarkUs. At this moment, I was kind of proud of myself when I finished all of it before Friday without the TA's help.
The third class was about Dr.Racket, I felt that it is really great to use it. Not only can I calculate numbers (multiply numbers, addition etc), but the amazing part is the picturing program,You can flip the pictures up and down, you can also crop it, and you can change pictures size. When I was in class, I did not totally understand how to use it, but after I got home and watch Dr.Racket's videos, I found the video was very helpful.I learned the use of changing pictures and calculations in Dr.Racket. Actually, I was also concerned about my Friday quiz, but thanks to the videos I watched, the quiz turned out super easy to me.
This week, I got to know more about Dr.Racket. I was not successful to make everything correct at first but I found solutions by myself.



1 comment:

  1. Yes,I will. Trying to solve those things by myself takes time but I felt great when I finally succeeded. HAHA...
    I liked using Dr.Racket, especially for changing pictures' size, shape, or angle and combining pictures together. yes, learning picturing programs would be the most interesting part for me in this course.

    ReplyDelete