Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Project2

I saw Tori's slog and she felt one week was too short for her because of long weekend. I thought this week would also be very short because good Friday is approaching.

Since project#2 has already been posted on our course website, professor Heap referred to it in the very beginning of the class. He explained what we should change in the project and showed us what would the image be like  if we fix them. I did not digest those information because I hasn't downloaded the code yet and did not have the chance to read the instruction. I felt I still had a lot of time to work on this project since it would be due on next week. I thought other people may also leave it until next week but I was wrong. Professor said there were some people who had already submitted this assignment. Those people finishing project so early really motivated me to some extent. I decided to look at the project and try to fix it this week.

In terms of the contents of the class, professor first showed a picture of internet map. I felt this picture looks really like fireworks display. It is beautiful. In this internet map, there are many lines with different colors and they are all meaningful. I just knew the Length of lines reveals how long a pack of information take to get in and get back through wires. I did not hear what the colors represent. After that, professor talked about the connection between machines, browsers and database. I did not quite understand when he introduced these stuff. I planned to read the long notes that he posted on the course website to figure it out.

2 comments:

  1. I was really surprised that people were already submitting the projects too!! we have some really brilliant people in our class. that's for sure ! I am hoping to finish it in time to submit it before the deadline !!!

    ReplyDelete